Aircraft Configuration & Stability Control Engineer
Sofia, Sofia, BulgariaR&D
Our mission at DRONAMICS is to democratize airfreight and lower the cost of shipping in emerging markets. To achieve this, we developed a new type of cargo airplane, one that is small, remotely-piloted and extremely fuel efficient.
At first, it didn't sound possible, but we keep proving it is, which is why we've called it “The Black Swan”. It can land on short and unpaved runways, enabling on-demand point-to-point flights and speedy same-day delivery even to the most remote locations that would otherwise take days to reach over ground or sea.
With the successful first flight of our full-scale Black Swan cargo drone, we have achieved a significant milestone. This innovative aircraft can transport up to 350 KG over distances of 2,500 KM, all at a cost that is at least 50% lower than traditional airplanes. It operates autonomously, enabling remote monitoring and management through satellite connectivity.
Our initial focus is on establishing domestic air networks in Europe, Australia, and Canada, leveraging underutilized small airfields. We train local personnel as drone and logistics operators while fostering partnerships with local industries. This collaboration allows us to provide vital support by facilitating the swift movement of goods to and from small, remote, mountainous, and island communities within mere hours, often at a cost lower than that of road transportation. At the core of our vision is the belief that same-day shipping should be a universal right.
Our ultimate goal is to empower every individual on the planet with affordable same-day deliveries. Join us in shaping a future where logistics know no boundaries, and cost-effective shipping is accessible to everyone, everywhere.
Working as part of the DOA R&D team and reporting to the Aero, Performance and Simulation team Lead, the Stability and Control Engineer is responsible for the following:
· Development and analysis of the aircraft flight controls.
· Develops Stability and Control simulation models.
· Performs control surface sizing analyses.
· Designs and executes complex trade studies to develop creative and efficient solutions to meet program requirements and customer expectations, while working closely with other disciplines.
· [Plans and supports S&C wind tunnel tests, including reducing and interpreting output data from S&C wind tunnel tests.]
· Analyses and evaluates flying and handling qualities from Flight test data
· Provides support, analysis and documentation to the Certification team and evaluates certification requirements and implications for S&C.
· Supports Piloted Simulation testing.
· Develops requirements for Stability and control flight testing, supports flight tests and post flight analysis including reducing and interpreting output data from S&C flight tests.
· Key contributor to developing new and improving existing technologies, tools and processes to enhance technology readiness, improve vehicle performance and reduce cycle time and cost
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation package for a Series A company
- Lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth on a global level
- Tons of work, zero office politics - we are here to impact the lives of millions of people around the world
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to frame the future of how the world moves goods
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in either aerodynamics or stability and control
- 1+ years of experience using Matlab/Simulink
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 10+ years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in Stability and Control Simulation
- Experience with aircraft development programs
- Knowledgeable in wind tunnel and flight test programs
- Experience developing S&C Simulation models in programming languages
- Familiarity with other programming languages, such as C/C++ and Fortran