Supplier Quality Lead
Sofia, Sofia, BulgariaR&D Quality
Our mission at DRONAMICS is to democratize air freight and enable same day shipping for everyone, everywhere. To achieve this, we are developing a new type of cargo airplane, one that is small, remotely-piloted and extremely fuel efficient. It can transport up to 350 kg over 2,500 km for a cost that's 50% lower than other airplanes. It flies autonomously, can be monitored and managed remotely via satellite, and can land and take off anywhere with at least 400m of landstrip This is the kind of technology that can transform whole economies. At first, it didn't sound possible, but we keep proving it is, which is why we've called it “The Black Swan”. It can land on short and unpaved runways, enabling on-demand point-to-point flights and speedy same-day delivery even to the most remote locations that would otherwise take days to reach over ground or sea.
We are starting with domestic air networks in Europe and Australia with fleets of the Black Swan, taking advantage of the multitude of small airfields that are often unused, training local personnel as drone and logistics operators, and partnering with local industry to provide a valuable lifeline of getting goods in and out of small, remote, mountainous and/or island communities within hours at a cost that is often below even that of road transportation. We believe that rapid and reliable shipping has enormous socio-economic benefits , and our goal is to enable same-day deliveries for every single person on the planet at a cost that they can afford.
Reporting to the Director of Quality, you will implement the supplier quality framework of Dronamics Production Organisation. You will support the supplier selection, assessments, qualifications, audit programs, and the overall fulfilment of Dronamics Supplier Quality Requirements, in line with company requirements and certifications
Implement, and manage the Dronamics quality requirements for supplier qualification and continued oversight based on aerospace industry standards, regulations, and Dronamics requirements.
Prepare and maintain supplier audit programs and conduct supplier audits and assessments and qualification programes.
Support the execution of APQP and approve supplier FAI and PPAP before shipment.
Manage root cause analysis and corrective action plans against non-conformances raised during the supplier audits or by Production during incoming inspection, assembly, or test.
Contributing to the supplier’s selection and supporting definition contractual requirements and claim management with suppliers
Define and control supplier quality and cost of non-quality metrics, including through the deployment of periodic quality reviews.
Analyse supplier quality performance data and define supplier improvement plans.
Establish strong relationships and trust across internal organisations and Suppliers to gain credibility and influence across all levels of the organisation and Dronamic supply chain, respectively.
Build an ecosystem of multifunctional stakeholders capable of providing input and supporting the timely completion of your supplier audit and assessment activities
Communicate results and business impacts of audit and assessment stakeholders within Dronamics.
Identify conflicts early and drive successful resolution across people, processes, and products.
Establishing industrial risks analysis and monitoring associated surveillance plan
Support and mentor your internal stakeholders and suppliers according to their development needs in topics concerning Industry Standards and Aviation Regulations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Technical or Engineering Degree in Aerospace or non-Technical Degree with demonstrated experience in the field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with Quality Management Systems, preferably with a minimum of 3 years in Aerospace, with said experience used effectively towards implementing efficient and value-add systems and processes.
- Auditor accreditation or experience in auditing a AS/EN9100 or ISO9001 environment.
- Experience and knowledge in lean manufacturing with focus on problem solving tools and their application, such as 9S containing Ishikawa diagram, and 5-Whys.
- Adequate degree of technical understanding in one or more of the following commodities; composites, aerostructures, propulsion, electronics, or electrical.
- Sufficient knowledge of how manufacturing and inspection processes in the aerospace and/or automotive industries influence quality and supplier performance.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills.
- Humble, fact-driven, resilient, and personally committed to achieving success.
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving mindset.
- Able to work well in teams, take the lead, when necessary, as well as be able to work autonomously.
- Strong motivation to help improve and shape your organisation, structures, and processes in close collaboration with functions outside of your Organisation and Company.
- Willingness to travel as required within EU as well as worldwide for supplier visits, assessment, and audits.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, any other language would be beneficial.
What We Offer
A competitive compensation package for a Series A company
Lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth on a global level
Tons of work, zero office politics - we are here to impact the lives of millions of people around the world
A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to frame the future of how the world moves goods
This role is based in Sofia, Bulgaria, with EU travel.